|The Red October
Group is now disbanded, but operated between 1999 and 2007. It was formed by Rowan Stevens as a non-profit, non-commercial dive club.
The aims of the club were to:
The club was named after our dive boat, Red October, which was fully
configured for off-shore diving. Specifications for Red October:
- Have fun;
- Go diving; and
- Explore Bass Strait Shipwrecks.
- Make: Fisher Alufarm with Pro Marine Extensions;
- Construction: Plate Aluminium to Survey Standard;
- Dimensions: 7.3 metres by 2.5 metres;
- Power: 2 x Honda 4-stroke 115 hp engines (no smoke and very quiet);
- Fuel Capacity: 400 litres;
- Equipment: Garmin GPS, Depth Sounder, VHF Radio, DAN O2 Kit.